Texas History Postcard Database Project

  0001 to 0100     0101 to 0200     0201 to 0300     0301 to 0400     0401 to 0500  
  0501 to 0600     0601 to 0700     0701 to 0800     0801 to 0900     0901 to 1000  
  1001 to 1100     1101 to 1200     1201 to 1300     1301 to 1400     1401 to 1500  
  1501 to 1600     1601 to 1700     1701 to 1800     1801 to 1900     1901 to 2000  
  2001 to 2100     2101 to 2200     2201 to 2300     2301 to 2400     2401 to 2500  
  2501 to 2600     2601 to 2700     2701 to 2800     2801 to 2900     2901 to 3000  
  3001 to 3100     3101 to 3200     3201 to 3300     3301 to 3400     3401 to 3500  
  3501 to 3600     3601 to 3700     3701 to 3800     3801 to 3900     3901 to 4000  
  4001 to 4100     4101 to 4200     4201 to 4300     4301 to 4400     4401 to 4500  
  4501 to 4556          

Loaded Images



Set Width Factor of these pictures

Make Fit Your Screen

Set By Pixel: 300px 500px 700px 900px 1100px
Set By Screen Percentage:    20 % 40 % 60 % 80 % 100 %



Currently Viewing Postcards: 2501 to 2600

Currently Viewing Section: 1 to 25







McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:September 29, 1934
Postcard of a squat, banded rock formation described as "Tea Pot Rock, near Rock Springs, Wyo." The message on the back is illegible. The postcard is addressed to "Mr. Carroll E. Ward Texas Ice Co. Beaumont, Texas."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of a three story theater carved from marble on the corner of two streets.




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of the Teatro Colon, carved from marble and stone, on the corner of a street. A car is parked at the entrance. Trees cast shadows on the road.




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of a Romanesque stone building supported by marble columns. Described on the back as follows - "Temperance Spring Temple on the Bremo Estate immediately west of the Strathmore station, adapted by General John Hartwell Cocke from one of the loveliest of the Roman temples. Dedicated to the Sons of Temperance by the owner of Bremo, one of the earlier and staunchest advocates of temperance, the spring basin emptied through an underground conduit into the great pitcher, now to be seen on the Lawn, thence into the Richmond-Lynchburg Canal, long since superseded by the Chesapeake and Ohio's River Division."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:March 26, 1908
Postcard of a white chapel with stained glass windows and blue domed tiles. The letter on the back is illegible, and the postcard is addressed to "Miss M. McFaddin 1906 McFaddin Ave. Beaumont, Tex."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of the Hotel Quitandinha at the base of a mountain with two tennis courts in the foreground.




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of an outdoor tennis court near the beach where an American flag flies, with a white and orange roofed hotel at the foot of a rolling hill. The bottom edge of the postcard describes the picture as "Tennis courts, Hotel St. Catherine. Catalina Island, California."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of a knight encased in decorative marble at the Tewkesbury abbey, part of the Trinity Chapel.




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of a hockey rink with black and white checkered floor and a few seated fans. The bottom edge of the postcard places the rink as "Texas Ice Palace Beaumont, Texas." The back of the postcard details the price for admission, rentals, and private party accommodations.




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of a pitcher of cider, cherry pie, and turkey on a set table. Beneath the picture, "Hearty Thanksgiving Greetings" is typed. On the back, a short missive is written, reading, "With a heart full of love for the dearest little girl in all the world to her old Auntie."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
The image in front of the postcard shows the front of the Administration Building in the Lamar State College of Technology. A figure is visible walking towards the doors of the building. In the foreground there are two walkways intersecting, forming a cross. On the back of the postcard is printed the following: "Administration Building, Lamar State College of Technology, Beaumont, Texas." In the center on the back of the postcard is a logo that reads "Natural Color by Mike Roberts, Berkley, Calif."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:December 8, 1911
Postcard of a boxer dog with the words "The Admiral" typed below and the words "His name is Jack" written above. A newspaper clipping on the back reads, "Did it never occur to you that there may be something a girl wants more than money?" -- Rose Lane." The writer adds, "Yes, Jack. H. H. 12-8-11." The postcard is addressed to "Miss Mamie McFaddin Washington D. C. 1906 Florida Ave."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:May 29, 1916
Postcard of the front of the stone Alamo, described as "Alamo, San Antonio, Texas." The letter on the back reads, "Is all of Texas as hot as this? Are all your beauties now fed? Are you coming back to Rauie this season? Leo E." The postcard is addressed to "Miss Mamie McFadden Mrs. H. C. Duncan 5th Ave. + 15th St. Huntington, W. Va."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
The image in front of the postcard shows a corner street with the American National Bank building at the corner, and behind it the Petroleum Building. To the right side of the American National Bank Building there is a streetlight. In the middle of the foreground there is a red stoplight and on the top left corner there is a head of a streetlight. On the bottom center of the postcard is printed the following: "American National Bank and Petroleum Building." On the back of the postcard is printed the following: "Petroleum Building at left and American National Bank, Beaumont, Texas."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:March 17, 1908
Postcard of a two story house with a balcony over the entrance, green window trim, with blue roofing and two red chimneys. The letter on the back of the postcard reads, "This home is over two hundred years old. I got your dear letter today and you know always enjoyed it, as [illegible] Marie." The postcard is addressed to "Miss M. McFaddin Beaumont, Tex. 1906 McFaddin Ave."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:September 18, 1907
Postcard of yellow houses with multiple stories and wrap-around terraces. The scene is described as "The Arlington Cottage, Virginia Beach, Virginia." The letter on the back reads, "We have been to Va Beach + now at Cape Henry and are having a grand time. Sig." The postcard is addressed to "Miss Mamie McFaddin 1906 McFaddin Ave Beaumont, Texas."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:1907
The image in front of the postcard shows the three story Armory building in the background. The postcard shows twos ides of the building receding. In the foreground there is an empty street. Around the image there is illegible handwritten text. On the lower left corner is printed the following: "The Armory, Louisville, Ky." On the back of the postcard is handwritten text. Credit is given to J. Murray Jordan: Publisher.




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of a circular stadium with a domed roof behind a full parking lot. American flags are placed around the stadium's circumference. The back of the postcard adds, "The Astrodome Houston, Texas The world's first domed, air-conditioned sports stadium. The roof is 208 feet high. The dome spans 642 feet with an outside diameter of 710 feet. Six thousand tons of air conditioning are used to cool the dome."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of the Astrodome, a large circular structure with a domed roof, behind a parking lot full of cars and pedestrians. The back of the postcard adds, "The Astrodome Houston, Texas Approaching the Astrodome - Automobiles, 30,000 of them, file into one of the four main arteries to the Astrodome for one of the many capacity National League games played inside this "Eighth Wonder of the World." "




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of an 11 story building of red brick with white stone, blue tile roof with gold trim, and cars parked near the sidewalk. Pedestrians are scattered across the sidewalk and in the road.




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of an 11 story building of red brick with white stone, blue tile roof with gold trim, and cars parked near the sidewalk. Pedestrians are scattered across the sidewalk and in the road.




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of an 11 story building of red brick with white stone, blue tile roof with gold trim, and cars parked near the sidewalk. Pedestrians are scattered across the sidewalk and in the road.




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of a sketch of a 10 story building with an ornate roof. The message on the front of the postcard reads, "Mathew + I stayed here from Sept. 9th to Sept. 27th 1941. Have had many visits and this state in the past." The hotel is described as "One of the truly famous hotels of America. Recently completed a modernization program, but still retains and atmosphere in keeping with its tradition."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:January 13, 1912
Postcard of a white walled room with magenta carpeting, seats, and curtains. The white table is set with pink flowers. On the back, a message reads, "I am coming to Washington + hope to see you. H. G." The postcard is addressed to "Miss Mamie McFaddin Gunston School Washington D. C."




McFaddin-Ward House Museum
Date:unknown
Postcard of a white stalactite formation that resembles a wedding veil. On the back of the postcard, it is described as follows - "The Veil is neither suspended from the ceiling nor attached to the floor. A puzzle for geologists, who sometimes pronounce it the most wonderful formation in the world.




Set Width Factor of these pictures

Make Fit Your Screen

Set By Pixel: 300px 500px 700px 900px 1100px
Set By Screen Percentage:    20 % 40 % 60 % 80 % 100 %



Currently Viewing Postcards: 2501 to 2600

Currently Viewing Section: 1 to 25